About Me

My photo
Grasping at sanity while I write my PhD thesis, raise my son and try and live life to the full (for really cheap, cos I can't afford anything)

Wednesday 17 February 2010

No Facebook For Lent: Day 1

So far so good....its been 9 hours and 8 mins since I gave up Facebook for lent, and 8 hours and 30 mins of that have been spent asleep. I feel the need to aimlessly wander about the internet, and I have a feeling I may turn to the BBC website.

Part of the reason I am off Facebook for lent is part of a general growing problem where talking online replaces real-life meeting up, instead of providing a means for keeping in touch with people you no longer see/live near. That's not to say its not fun to update my status and have some fun exchanging comments on other people's status.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this... I am trying too. I actually have found myself at the Facebook sign in just staring at it and not knowing how I got there.

    ReplyDelete